Vegetable Hash with Poached Eggs
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- For poached eggs: fill a saucepan with water and place the ring from a mason jar in the bottom. Crack an egg into a small container, ensuring not to break the yolk. Bring water to a boil, then turn the water off and pour the egg into the mason jar lid (this will help keep the egg contained in one area). Cover the pot with a lid immediately and set a timer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, remove from heat using a large spoon. Repeat for other eggs.
- For vegetable hash: Bring a medium pan up to medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil to pan along with onions and mushrooms, sauteing until they start to “sweat” or become soft.
- Add garlic and kale, cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Split the vegetables between two plates, topping each bed of vegetables with 2 poached eggs.
- Enjoy plain, or top with salt/pepper or hot sauce.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 7.2
- Sodium: .6
- Fat: 16.6
- Saturated Fat: 3.9
- Carbohydrates: 15.8
- Fiber: 2.9
- Protein: 14.2
- Cholesterol: 328.2