Coffee always works better with a slice of cake. So why not try this moist cherry dessert with seasonal fruits?
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Add salt to whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar little by little and keep whisking.
- Bring in the yolks, one by one.
- Pour the coconut oil and stir well.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Mix the flour and baking powder. Gradually add to the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in the cherries.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 10.9
- Protein: 2.6