Warm up with a creamy bowl of pumpkin soup, flavored with classic curry spices.
- 2 T curry powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t turmeric
- 2 T pumpkin seeds
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, packed
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- In a large stock pot, heat curry, cumin, and turmeric over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant, stirring often. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat pumpkin seeds over medium for 2- 3 minutes, until toasted, stirring occasionally. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add spice mixture and stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin puree and chicken broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Transfer soup to a high speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Scoop soup into bowls and top with red pepper flakes, toasted pumpkin seeds, and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 281.9
- Sodium: 677.9
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 2.8
- Carbohydrates: 26.9
- Fiber: 11.8
- Protein: 5.8
- Cholesterol: 0