- 3 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 15 oz can coconut cream
- ¾ cup chopped paleo chocolate, melted
- Chocolate shavings and berries for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease two 7 or 9 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar,
espresso powder, raw cacao powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined. Distribute evenly into the
two cake pans and smooth the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
- To make the frosting, scoop the hard portion of the coconut cream into a bowl
(reserve the liquid for another use). Stir in the melted chocolate and refrigerate
for at least 2 hours until the mixture stiffens up.
- Frost the top of one cake, add the second layer and frost the outside. Top with
chocolate shavings and berries.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 245
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 35
Take a look at the final result