Squash “Risotto” with Greens and Turkey
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 medium butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups chard (or other leafy green), de-stemmed and sliced into ribbons or finely chopped like an herb
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cooking fat of choice (avocado oil, lard, coconut oil, ghee, extra virgin olive oil, etc.)
- 1 lb of ground turkey thigh
- Peel and cube butternut squash.
- Food process butternut squash for 30 seconds or until “riced” don’t go too long or it will become mush. It is best to do this in 2-3 batches.
- In a large pan, heat cooking fat and add ground turkey, onion, and spices. Break up the meat as you cook it for 10 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Add riced squash cook on medium heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add greens and place lid on top until greens are wilted (about 3-5 minutes). Mix greens in and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 313.7
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 1894
- Fat: 13.8
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 14.5
- Fiber: 4.3
- Protein: 33.1
- Cholesterol: 145.1